digital product development process
We have a lot of experience in building well tested and robust web applications that will delight your customers.
01 domain discovery
If we are working in a new business domain, we make sure to work with you to understand it fully. We utilise techniques from JTBD to better understand you and your customers needs.
- Perform workshops to extract knowledge from your experts
- Utilise customer needs identification techniques
- Map business processes fully
- Map out the customer needs fully
- Frame the problem space visually and verbally
02 solution ideation
Based on our understanding of the problem from stage 01, we look to come up with solutions that we can test quickly and effectively.
- Work with you on identifying a suitable solution
- Identify solutions for critical workflows
- Weight up the effort/value ratio for each solution
- Break solutions into testable steps for feedback
- Present and agree on a preferred solution
03 walking skeleton
A walking skeleton is the 'prototype' phase where we try and uncover any unknowns in the solution as early as possible.
- The minimum required effort to prove a solution's viability
- Discover any limitations or technical obstacles to a solution.
- Disregard any design aesthetic at this early stage.
- Develop and deploy to a testing area for feedback
At this stage we look to turn a prototype into a product that can be tested further with customers or internally
- We extend on the walking skeleton and fix an stopgap shortcuts that were made
- Add testing and documentation
- Apply UX and UI design to the solution to improve the usability
- Work with your team to apply brand identity and tone as required
- Add any additional functionality as required
We deploy the product into a testing environment for further feedback and testing before launching
- Deploy to a testing environment for further testing and quality checks
- Iterate on any UI and UX tweaks as required
- Perform full end-to-end testing to verify functionality
- Setup product monitoring and key metrics gathering
- Work with your team on launch planning
- Launch your application
06 monitor & iterate
The product is live and gathering data. We work with you to monitor usage and make iterative changes as required.
- Monitor and scale infrastructure as required
- Gather and present key product metrics to inform usage patterns
- Perform A/B tests and new experiements as required
- Iterate on UI and UX based on real user feedback